Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gastric Bypass????

So when I started out years ago on my weight loss journey I thought of gastric bypass all the time. I went to a seminar and the Dr. was talking to me about lap band as I didn't have as much to lose and I was very scared of dying with Gastric Bypass. But when he heard I throw up easily he said no because the band might move when I throw up. So I got that idea out of my head. I have seen 3 friends have the surgery and each one is doing great. I used to think I need one more to do it and be fine and I will really consider it. Well I sent away for the paperwork from my insurance company. I would have to pay 150.00 copay to the Dr office and 150.00 co pay to the surgeon.....hello 300.00 total....I pay 480.00 well I would pay that to Weight Watchers if I stuck to it. But I just can't keep paying for a meeting that I get nothing out of. I don't like the leader at either meetings near us. We had a great leader when I lost the weight before. She moved away.....but I was with some moms and we were talking. It is crazy when you see someone physically fit and they say I will walk with you when you need to walk, I will push you when you can keep going I don't care about my time I care about you getting this weight off and keeping it off....it's crazy how much they care about me and don't want me to do the gastric bypass. So her husband wanted me to go to WW with him this am to weigh in. He just goes to weigh in I guess but I decided to ask a trainer at the gym to weigh me in weekly. It is cheaper and hell I value her feedback more vs. this lady who lost 20 lbs and is a WW Leader. Speak to me when you lost 100+ pounds and have walked in my shoes WW Leader! So they told me I need a support system and they offered to be that for me. I need it I never have been the type to say I need help. I always have been the type to say no I can do it even if it means I am up all night doing something that could easily have been done by 2 or 3 more people. So I accepted. It was nice to have that support because my husband really has no clue what I need in terms of support. So it is great having people cheer me on, scream at me to keep going, and knowing people believe in me that I can do this when lately I haven't been so sure myself.

I have the gastric bypass precertification papers in the mail to me. I am going to look them over and start the process and make a decision at a later date but at least I have them in case.

So WW Points Plus is what I am doing for nutrition. I am going to speak to a nutritionist as well. I want them to see what I am eating on WW and make sure that I am doing this the right way. Plus my exercise.....I have been beating myself up trying to do so much in the gym and if I go off course I feel bad and skip the gym. Well I realized today don't set any goals for a specific class or set time in the gym....JUST GO FOR 1 HOUR A DAY. If I have time for more great but if not 1 hour a day is going to do wonders for me mentally and physically I am sure.

I have been in a funk lately but I feel like things are coming together. I looked at myself in these past few weeks like what is wrong with me? Why did I put this weight back on? Why am I not at goal? Where did I stear off course and stop looking for the light at the end of the tunnel? I know that a setback isn't going to derail my desire to be healthy and skinny it is just a part of the journey. Maybe my journey will be years long who knows. All I know is that I need to be able to look back and say I did my best and show my kids that I tried my hardest.

So as I work towards that 100 lbs gone this year I am well on my way to the 10,000.00 in a year. I had a great month last month and I will post that update later tomorrow. I need to add up all my receipts!

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment